Keeping you safe around natural gas is a priority for us at Southeast Gas.
- Well maintained appliances are not only safer, they are also more energy efficient and can save you money on your monthly energy bills.
- Have your gas heating system checked at least annually by a Southeast Gas Certified Contractor (click here for a list of these contractors in your area) or by Southeast Gas personnel.
- Never use your oven, range or outdoor grill to heat your home. These appliances are not designed for home heating.
- Never store anything near your gas appliances that could interfere with normal appliance airflow.
- Never store anything near your gas appliances that is combustible. (This includes but is not limited to gasoline, aerosol cans, paint, newspapers, etc.)
- When installing new or cleaned air filters on your heating/cooling system, make sure the front panel door covering the filter is closed properly before beginning operation again.
- Keep bedding, clothes, curtains and rugs away from any space heaters (regardless of the type of energy source the heater uses).
- Do not attempt to make extensive repairs to your natural gas appliances yourself. Our service personnel stand ready to assist you with these repairs when needed.